Evacuation Zones (unincorporated and city limits)
County of Sonoma and its incorporated cities have established standardized evacuation zones. In the past, evacuation zones were different for each incident, now zones will remain mostly the same. Learn your zone for home and work and be ready to go when an evacuation order or warning for your zone is issued.
Know Your Zones – Sonoma County Evacuation Zones Map
Alert and Warning Systems (county wide)
Subscribe to the following alert and warning systems to stay updated with evacuation warnings and emergencies.
SoCoAlert – In the event of an evacuation, local emergency officials will use SoCoAlert to reach you. You must register for emergency notifications at socoalert.com to receive evacuations notices by phone call, text, and/or email. Evacuation notices sent through SoCoAlert will use the following terminology:
- EVACUATION ORDER: You must evacuate immediately due to imminent threat to life.
- EVACUATION WARNING: There is potential threat to life and property within a given time frame. Begin preparing yourself, your animals, and your property for a potential evacuation order.
- SHELTER-IN-PLACE: Stay secure at your current location. This may be required when evacuation is impossible, too dangerous, or unnecessary.
Nixle – Receive email and text messages from local fire and law enforcement agencies that include public safety messages as well as emergency information.
Text your zip code to 888777 to opt-in or sign up online to receive email or text messages with alerts and advisories.
The following alert and warning systems do not require a subscription
Hi-Lo Sirens – When activated, these two-tone sirens act as a warning notice by an officer attempting to alert you of danger. Go here to listen to a siren https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQJGUynM-6w&t=9s
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) – Federal system that sends a text message to your cell phone like an Amber Alert.
Emergency Alert Systems (EAS) – System sends message to local radio and television stations to broadcast.
Santa Rosa Resources
Know Your Zone website: https://srcity.org/3368/Evacuation-Zones
Emergency Evacuation Information: https://www.srcity.org/DocumentCenter/View/25812/Emergency-Evacuation-Checklist—English
- Sonoma County Fire Cameras: alertwildfire.org/northbay/
- Cal Fire Updates: https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/
- Wind map and projections: https://www.windy.com/?38.442,-123.115,10
- Air quality: https://www2.purpleair.com/
- Find your home, job, and school evacuation zone through SoCo Emergency Get Ready
- To learn about Public Safety Power Shutoffs www.pge.com/psps
- Visit PG&E’s Wildfire Safety for resources
- Get outage tips and a sample emergency plan www.pge.com/outageprep
- 7-day Public Safety Power Shutoff forecast, www.pge.com/pspsweather
- General area map of the potential outage area, www.pge.com/pspsmaps
- City/county level information, www.pge.com/pspsupdates
- Look up addresses that may be affected, www.pge.com/addresslookup
- Generator safety tips, visit www.pge.com/generatorsafety
Customers who rely on power to operate life-sustaining medical devices or have access and functional needs, additional support may be available www.pge.com/disabilityandaging